Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blindsided by a hot date with the Hubby!

OK, so I was totally blindsided by a Golden Corral sighting gone bad, turned Logan's Roadhouse detour!! Fried Chicken, french fries, and brownies ... OH MY! This is how it started ... We woke up extra early to make breakfast according to Dr. Ian's instructions. We parted ways at about 7am. I took a different route to work in the morning because I had to run a quick before-work errand, and I saw it ... a BRAND SPANKING NEW ... Golden Corral... WHAT? Where did this come from? I thought the only one in SE Michigan was in Westland, which is about 45 mins from my house, a safe distance!?! ... Are they trying to sabotage me? A Golden Corral, 15 minutes from my house. WHY ME?

OK, so back to the story. So I keep going to my destination, thinking maybe I read the sign wrong, since I did not actually see the restaurant, only the sign. So when I arrive at work I did a little research and found that it is true. There is a Golden Corral down the street from me :( So I told my beloved hubby and what does he say, let's go check it out! ... Sure, when? ... tonight. Of course he would say tonight. So me being the trouper that I am, I couldn't say no. So we went and it was PACKED on a Tuesday night like it was a Saturday, but not just any Saturday, like it was the LAST Saturday that they would be open. Line wrapped around and everything, so we bailed out and it was a bust. But on the way home, we both had the bright idea to do Logan's Roadhouse for the two for $19.99 meal deal. Which is an awesome deal but it could be very OFF of Dr. Ian's plan. So there we were, two detouring dieters, eating fried chicken, french fries and brownies.

I said all that to say, yesterday is only a blip on my radar. We are already on to bigger and better things. So Day 2 is today. It has already started well, as I ate breakfast with the hubby this morning and I have already had my MEAL 2.

Yesterday until Logan's went like this:

MEAL 1 - wheat bran cereal, milk, banana
MEAL 2 - yogurt
MEAL 3 - chicken sandwich, 100% whole grain bread
MEAL 4 - raisins
MEAL 5 & 6 - You don't want to know ...


~Everything is a Process ... Just keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me as I take this journey.