Friday, January 9, 2009

Will Power

Will Power is such an integral part of dieting. Yesterday one of my employer's treated the office to lunch from Southern Fires. For those of you who may not know, that is a soul food restaurant in Detroit which is pretty darn good at what they do ... make people fat! My favorite plate from there is fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and cornbread dressing. So as you can see that is not profitable for someone that wishes to live beyond their forties. So I had to switch it up on them and exert some will power. I chose baked chicken and two vegetable sides.

Yesterday's Subsistence

Breakfast - nothing
Snack 1 - yogurt
Lunch - half of a rotisserie, green beans, collard greens
Snack 2 - nothing
Dinner - Juice Plus shake
Snack 3 (OPTIONAL IF AFTER 7PM) - nothing (it was after 7pm)

So with that said, I am still missing some key meals per day. Such as breakfast. I did not break the fast as planned but today I started anew and had a fresh bowl of oatmeal.

The secondary big issue is portion control. Luckily because I didn't eat those other two meals, the fact that I ate half a chicken is not a huge deal but regularly not more than 3 ounces of meat is allowed per meal. Which is really not big at all. According to the website for Boston Market, a quarter white meat w/ skin and wing is 280 calories, and a quarter dark meat w/ skin is 320 calories, for a total of 600 calories. That's probably a good estimate of the calories I consumed with my southern fires meal. Just think, if I would have gotten my usual, that is like 1500 calories in one lunch!! Then I would have went home and ate again for dinner. According to Weight Watchers, the green beans and collard greens are a freebie so to speak. I am indeed proud of myself for resisting the urge to be fat yesterday, since during bible study I was offered pizza, fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. GEEZ OH PETES ... the tests were just being flung at me yesterday. BUT I passed them all!!

"Just Keep Swimming"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me as I take this journey.