Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preparation is Key

I have learned in this one day that preparation is very key! I have left home without all of my meals prepared for today and I am instantly craving fast food. However, in my efforts to diet in the past, I have some powdered milk and Juice Plus shake mix. So at best I can make shakes all day long until I get home. BUT the big caveat here is that Thursday is my long day. I have work from 9-5pm, Education meeting from 6-7pm, Bible class from 7pm-8:15pm and at that point, it is too late to eat according to most health gurus. So with that said, I am letting this be a lesson learned to 1) always have snacks at my job for emergencies and 2) don't leave home without packing a meal pack.

Yesterday's Subsistence

Breakfast - nothing
Snack 1 - nothing
Lunch - two boiled eggs with about 2 ounces of American cheese
Snack 2 - 10 ounces of orange juice
Dinner - sushi (6 avocado and crab pieces and 1 each of tuna, salmon, eel)
Snack 3 (OPTIONAL IF AFTER 7PM) - nothing (it was after 7pm)

OK so as you see, I am not following the million meal per day rule very well. However, this will be a task since I am used to have one huge meal per day at about 7pm and a midnight snack before climbing in the bed. Everyday I will post what I ate the following day as I try to stick to at least 5 small meals a day. When you don't get these meals, your body goes into starvation mode and whenever you decide to feed it, it will slow the metabolism and store the food as fat so that you won't die right away in case of an emergency. So everyday that I go to bed at 12am and I wake up at 8am and then I don't eat until 6pm, my body is extra confused. When you eat frequent meals, you keep your metabolism going and you keep burning fat and you can actually lose weight.

"Just Keep Swimming"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me as I take this journey.