Monday, February 15, 2010

New Beginnings!

I am so excited to post this first blog of the 30 day Dr. Ian Meal Plan (email if you want this, it's a PDF file), that I can hardly contain myself!!! We (my husband and I) have officially had our meal plan conference (he doesn't like to call it a diet, it makes him feel too contricted). The allowed snack list (see below, it's incredible) has been posted to the refrigerator, along with an enlarged version of the DAY 1 MENU. Whenever the meal plan says SNACK, you can select one item from the list. There are usually 2 snacks per day. So excited!!!

As a side note, I won't even talk about what I ate this weekend. Let's just say it was Valentine's Day weekend and my boo spoiled me with love AND food. And just a hint as to the ridiculous mayhem we participated in, it included strawberries dipped in cheese cake and THEN dipped in chocolate, as well as a Snickers Ice Cream cake! It was just pure craziness! They were DELICIOUS! But with that said, now it is to the business at hand and it could not be sweeter to do this with my hubby!

H E A L T H Y S N A C K S

salty/nuts

7 saltine crackers
popcorn,air popped(3cups,no butter)
6 saltine-type crackers topped w/ 2 tsp low-sugar jelly
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
10-14 almonds
1 low-fat granola bar
10 cashews
2 tbsp rainsins & 10 peanuts
4 slices of melba toast

fruits & veggies

smoothie snacks(1snack)
4 animal crackers & 1 sm orange
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 med. banana, frozen
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt dip & 2 cups raw veggies
15 grapes & 1/2 cup of low fat milk

rich

2 rice cakes topped w/1 tsp peanut butter
2 gingersnaps & 1/2oz cheddar chees
1/2 cup of plainlow-fat yogurt

Sweets

8 halves dried apricots & 1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup sherbert
2 graham cracker squares & 2 tsp low-suger jelly
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate pudding w/ 2tbsp whipped topping
2 sm chocolate chip cookies
1/2 sm pack of licorice
1 sm brownie


~Everything is a Process ... Just keep swimming.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing with me as I take this journey.