Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Portion Distortion


French Fries
20 Years Ago




2.4 ounces
210 calories






Today


6.9 ounces
610 calories

So yesterday, I wasn't a victim of portion distortion clearly, since I only ate ONE rinky dink meal. BUT I have certainly been a victim in the past. Did you know that our small fry of today was the large fry of 28 years ago when McDonald's first came on the scene? See the pictures and article below.


Anyone eating on the run or at restaurants has probably noticed that food portions have gotten larger. Some portions are called "super size," while others have simply grown in size and provide enough food for at least two people. With this growth have come increases in waistlines and body weight.

Yesterday's Subsistence

Breakfast - nothing
Snack 1 - nothing
Lunch - nothing
Snack 2 - sweet potato fries, 2 cookies??? WOW ... I don't even have a reason for this.
Dinner - nothing (this is rough)
Snack 3 (OPTIONAL IF AFTER 7PM) - none

Exercise is mandatory.

"Just Keep Swimming"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me as I take this journey.